I’m excited to be trying out Mary Kay Cosmetics! This is the first look I’ve made with a (nearly) full face of MK makeup.
I’ve been a die-hard user of Kat Von D foundation for years, and it’s nice to have finally found another line that not only matches my (difficult) skin tone (1Y01 at Sephora), but actually even feels better on my skin than the KVD did. KVD’s foundation is notoriously heavy (Laura and I jokingly refer to this as our “morgue makeup”, though it probably could legit be used for that…) and it’s incredible how MK feels in comparison. My skin doesn’t feel heavy, and it actually feels like it can breathe again! IS THIS REAL LIFE?
Here is what I am wearing:
- Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation in Ivory 1
- Mary Kay Foundation Primer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- Mary Kay Concealer in Ivory 1 (also on par with, if not better than the KVD concealer)
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Glistening Gold (inner corner of eyes)
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Lime (center of eyes)
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Emerald (outer edge of lids)
- Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Plum (definition above outer lids)
- Illamasqua Lipstick in Kontrol
- Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara in Black
- BH Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner
- BH Cosmetics Flawless Brow Trio